Modular Automation Solutions
LPKF's automation solutions are modular and flexible and can be adapted to your individual requirements. The range of solutions extends from the addition of individual modules to a completely autonomous stand-alone solution for your depaneling process. Of course, integration into your SMT line can also be implemented without any problems.
SMEMA or optional Hermes interfaces ensure communication with upstream and downstream modules. In addition, LPKF depaneling systems can be optionally integrated into your MES system so that, in addition to the production flow, the data flow is also fully automatic and transparency and control of your production can be further optimized.
Application-specific and flexible carrier and gripper solutions help to meet the highest requirements for accuracy and cycle time. This ensures the handling of large and small as well as assembled and unassembled PCBs in any form and combination. In terms of product diversity, LPKF's solutions also meet the requirements of both mass production of individual layouts and high-mix low-volume production.
All in all, LPKF's handling solutions are specifically designed for the depaneling process to meet the highest demands for quality, cost efficiency and flexibility, just like the cutting process itself.
Advantages of LPKF systems
Process advantages through the laser
LPKF machines bring the advantages of laser systems over conventional depaneling tools to the automation of systems in particular:
- The laser process is fully software-controlled. Changing materials or cutting contours are easily accommodated by adjusting the processing parameters and laser paths. Changeover times when changing variants are eliminated.
- No significant mechanical or thermal stresses occur during laser cutting. The ablation products are extracted directly at the cutting channel. This means that even sensitive substrates can be processed precisely.
- The laser beam requires only a few µm as a cutting channel. This allows more components to be placed on one panel.
- The system software differentiates between operation in production and process setup. This significantly reduces operating errors.
Integration in production lines
Integrated SMEMA and optional Hermes interfaces and a newly developed handling system allow the CuttingMaster systems to be integrated into customer-specific production lines. There, they support production managers and machine operators: The laser system can cut any contours without mechanical conversions and allows production runs with high variance.
Supporting Software Solutions
LPKF laser systems are equipped with the CircuitPro software solution developed in-house. The software enables communication with upstream and downstream production processes as well as maximum flexibility in PCB production. In addition, the software can be used to create standard-compliant components from distorted base materials, among other things. The Cutting Master systems use highly sophisticated vision systems that can make corrections to the position and rotation angle of the component. The laser beam follows the contours of the real component position. The integrated vision system and internal infeed have been further optimized for the machines to minimize non-productive time.
- Hermes & SMEMA interfaces
- Multi-Fiducial recognition
- Customized MES interfaces
- Traceability Data & Supervisor Statistics
- Bad Board Recognition
- Read and create barcodes
Connection to MES solutions
With optional interfaces, LPKF's laser depaneling systems integrate seamlessly with existing Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES). The laser system transfers operational parameters, machine data, tracking & tracing values and information on individual production processes.